The Elegantes

The Elegantes

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's a Girl!


















Yep yep, it's a girl!  (sorry for the terrible picture, I just scanned it in really quickly and didn't really take the time to make it look good)  We had our ultrasound on July 12 (it's been awhile since I have had time to blog) and found out that it was not a boy as I and most of my family thought.  I really wasn't sure at all what gender it would be since it is my first pregnancy but after my Mom told me that she thought it was a boy and my Mother-in-law also said that she thought it was a boy, I was pretty convinced that it would be a boy.  During the ultrasound the baby kept putting her legs together so it was hard to see.  Finally she spread them out a little bit but then put her hand down there.  I then knew for sure it was a girl because she was being modest. :P  Now that "it" is a "she" it really does seem more real that we are going to have a baby.  I am becoming more and more excited the further I get, especially when I can feel her moving around like crazy.  I just can't wait to hold and cuddle her!  I am now a little over 21 weeks and feeling pretty good although I am starting to feel huge and I am not even that huge yet.  The other day I started having a little bit of a freak out moment when I realized that I am going to have to actually give birth to this baby.  It is all well and good when they are this small and it is so fun to feel them move but then I realized what that all means and I kind of freaked out a little bit.  It's all good though because I figure so many people do it so I should be ok. :P  Here is a picture of me at 20 weeks.  Not the best picture but good enough. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're having a girl! I may be biased, but I just love little girls. :D I also had a freak out moment when I was pregnant with Ruby. It's normal. I haven't freaked out as much with this pregnancy because I've been thinking about it and planning for it for so long now. It'll all be alright. :) I have to say that I have started feeling huge just recently too, so, maybe it's terrible, but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one! :D You definitely don't look huge though, so no worries there. I'll post a picture soon on my blog and you'll see what I mean. ;) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. You are so cute! You are totally tiny girl! I look much bigger much sooner when I'm pregnant. ;) No fear, it isn't as bad as you think to deliver a baby. I had a almost 10 lbs baby first and it wasn't too bad. :) If I can do it anyone can...I'm a total baby about everything. haha. I'm excited you're having a girl!! So very cute! Hopefully she looks like her beautiful mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand how you feel! That is so fun that you are having a girl too. Where you are a couple of weeks ahead of me, you'll have to let me know what I have coming. It's one thing to hear it from a book or someone you don't know. Totally another from a friend. Good luck with everything up ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Wedding Day

Wedding Day
This is my favorite wedding picture!

4-wheeling

4-wheeling
Brock and I went four wheeling up by the I mountain in Brigham City. I got burned. :P

Camping

Camping
This is us up camping at Whitney Reservoir in the Uintas. It rained a ton but it was gorgeous up there.

Whitney Reservoir

Whitney Reservoir
Here's Brock by the Lake.

Fishing

Fishing
Here I am fishing. We caught one fish during our 3 days there. :S

Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch