I have to admit, I never realized that motherhood would be such a transition. I mean, I always heard that it was a lot of work and a full time job but wow I never realized how true that is. Sometimes when I am up late with her and she is screaming because she doesn't want to sleep I wonder how people manage to have more than one child. Then I look at this adorable face and stare into her beautiful eyes and realize how blessed I am.
She may keep me up at night but then I think about all those people out there who want so badly to have children and haven't been able to. Or I think about people who have lost their babies and it makes me want to hold her tighter and never let go of her. Motherhood has been a tough transition but it has also been an amazing experience so far and I would never go back. She is now almost 6 weeks old and getting so tall. She makes the funniest facial expressions. When she is awake she likes to scrunch up her eyebrows with a confused look.
She gets that face from her Dad. :P Actually we compared baby pictures and she is the spitting image of Brock when he was a baby with the same facial expressions and everything. She definitely loves her Daddy too.
I am so excited for this new year and all the fun things we will get to do with our sweet baby girl. I just have to remember to enjoy every minute because like everyone says, they grow up fast!
Ohh how fun for you guys! We are getting excited to start a family...in the future. I have to admit your post did scare me just a little....but not that much!
ReplyDeleteSo cute and so sweet! I totally know how you feel, just a couple weeks behind you... Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!
ReplyDelete