The Elegantes

The Elegantes

Friday, December 20, 2013

Adalee's Birthday

Well I thought I would just throw this post in here quickly before Christmas comes.  Adalee turned 2 on December 5th and I think she probably assumes her birthday is the whole month of  December because we had 3 different parties for her.  On her actual birthday Brock got off early and we took her to the fun park to play at the indoor playground.  Turns out she was tired and actually is terrified of heights so when Brock took her on the really high slide that goes really fast, she freaked out a little bit.  Then we played some of the arcade games and won her a few pieces of candy and she was content.  Later that evening Brock's parents came up and we took Adalee out to eat at Pizza Pie Cafe.  She doesn't actually like pizza but she loves the pasta.  Some of my friends came as well so it was fun to catch up with them.  The entire month before her birthday when people asked her what she wanted for her birthday she would say "a purple cake". :P  So we had cupcakes with purple frosting on her actual birthday.  Here are a few pics from her big day.

She also wanted green pancakes for breakfast so that is what she got.


Brock got off work at 10 so Adalee was still in her pj's when we let her open her presents.





Here is the big scary slide.


Here she is freaking out because she wanted to get out.



Purple cupcake.



The Friday after her birthday we headed down to Riverton to celebrate with my family.  She just kept saying "we get to go see my cousins!"  She loves being with our families.  I only snapped a few pics with my phone.

For my family we had a green cake. :)



The next weekend we celebrated with Brock's family.  All along I had grand plans to have a Monster's themed party somewhere in all these parties so the one with Brock's family was kind of Monsters themed.  I was going to make a cake that looked like Mike but the cakes stuck to the pans really bad so we just made some homemade cupcakes.  We did blue and green frosting and got her blue and green balloons and a big Monsters balloon.  I also wanted to do a pinata but that didn't happen either.  Oh well, maybe next year. :P 

We gave her the Monsters movies for this birthday party and this past week she and I have been sick so I am pretty sure we have watched both movies at least once a day for this whole week.  I'm a little Monstered out.  Once again I took these pictures with m phone so they aren't the best.




So now that we have Adalee's birthday in December, this month is officially BUSY!  We had her birthday and her parties that went along with it.  Then our Anniversary was on the 13th.  It was the big 5 year so we decided we wanted to do something fun.  On Thursday the 12th we went to the Desert Star and saw Miracle on 42nd Street.  It was both of our first times going there so it was a lot of fun.  After the play we stayed the night in Salt Lake and then the next morning we went to breakfast at a place called Granny Annie's in Kaysville.  Brock had heard about their enormous portion sizes and wanted to try it out.  Well they weren't a kidding.  They gave us so. much. food!  Brock's Mom was awesome and watched Adalee overnight for us.  That was our first night away from her and although we had fun, we were still excited to go pick her up.  So it's been a busy month and the sicknesses finally caught up to us.  This week Adalee and I have been just chilling at home watching movies and reading books.  It's been nice but I am also antsy to get out.  I was bummed that we had to miss our ward party last night but ah such is life.  Adalee had been sick but seemed to be getting better but today when I took her in for her 2 year well-exam the doctor informed me that she actually has a nasty ear infection.  I'm glad I decided to take her in because I ended up getting a 2 for 1 and I didn't have to pay the doctor to get the prescription. :)  She is doing really well developmentally and growth wise.  She is in the 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight so that's good.  I just cannot believe that my baby girl is 2.  It boggles my mind every day.  She is talking like crazy and will say the funniest things sometimes.  She knows all of her primary colors, can count to 15 and can sing the abc's with only skipping a few letters here and there.  She is close to being ready to potty train but I told Brock no way until after the holidays so we will see how ready she will be then.  She is so sweet and caring but she is also definitely 2.  She has started saying no very defiantly sometimes and it's hard to hear that from your sweet little child.  She is super picky with eating and it is almost a battle to get her to eat sometimes but I told Brock that the more we try to force her to eat, the more problems she will have with developing a healthy attitude towards food.  She definitely does not let herself starve because she always makes up for it on some days.  I just love my little munchkin and can't believe that she is running around talking and singing and playing.  I feel so blessed to be able to call her mine. :)  Here are some pics of the huge breakfast I was talking about earlier.

Look at that scone!  I had already eaten some of the eggs and good chunk out of the scone.  I had to have 2 take home boxes for all of it. :P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Day

Wedding Day
This is my favorite wedding picture!

4-wheeling

4-wheeling
Brock and I went four wheeling up by the I mountain in Brigham City. I got burned. :P

Camping

Camping
This is us up camping at Whitney Reservoir in the Uintas. It rained a ton but it was gorgeous up there.

Whitney Reservoir

Whitney Reservoir
Here's Brock by the Lake.

Fishing

Fishing
Here I am fishing. We caught one fish during our 3 days there. :S

Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch