The Elegantes

The Elegantes

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Rainbow Baby!

Were having a baby!!!  We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday and boy oh boy was I nervous.  The last time I had been there I was told that my baby had stopped growing and that we wouldn't be having a baby in February.  I left disheartened and disappointed.  But this time was much better!  I noticed that my doctor didn't check the heart beat first like she did the time before.  She also had the screen turned away from me when she first started the ultrasound which made me more nervous.  But after a minute she said "you have a very wiggly baby in there".  *sigh*  She turned the screen so we all could see it and showed us the arms and feet and his/her little face.  She wasn't a kidding when she said the baby was very wiggly.  He/She was moving all over the place.  Good sign.  The heartbeat was good and I was measuring a few days ahead of where I thought I was.  Another good sign.  We brought Adalee with us and she was excited to see her baby brother or sister except that she had the impression that we were there to get baby brother or sister out and that it would be coming home with us.  She kept saying that the baby was stuck in there.  It was so funny.  Then she kept lifting her shirt and saying that the baby was growing in her tummy.  After the ultrasound Adalee was super ornery because she had to leave the baby doll from the toy room there, so we decided to go get some pizza and pasta to celebrate.  She kept wanting to see the picture of the baby and she kept saying that the baby is stuck.  This may be a long pregnancy for her.

Well since I can't keep a secret worth beans and because I am already starting to show I decided to announce it to the world.  Here is the picture I posted:


I'm really hoping that we can have Adalee potty trained before August because I don't want to have to buy 2 sizes of diapers.  We are just feeling incredibly blessed.  I know so many people who have had multiple miscarriages/losses or who have tried very long and hard to have children.   I feel blessed that everything happened so quickly.  I had my miscarriage at the beginning of August 2013 and now here I am, due to have another one at the beginning of August 2014.  On my pregnancy post someone said congratulations on my rainbow baby.  I didn't know what that meant so I looked it up and it just means a pregnancy after a miscarriage or loss.  I don't know who came up with that but I really like it.  It's symbolic of hope stemming from heartache.  So again I am feeling very blessed to be pregnant again and so far that baby is looking healthy and well.  My heart goes out to those who have really struggled with having children or who have had miscarriages or losses late in the pregnancy.  My prayers are continually with them and I continue to say prayers of gratitude for my rainbow baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Day

Wedding Day
This is my favorite wedding picture!

4-wheeling

4-wheeling
Brock and I went four wheeling up by the I mountain in Brigham City. I got burned. :P

Camping

Camping
This is us up camping at Whitney Reservoir in the Uintas. It rained a ton but it was gorgeous up there.

Whitney Reservoir

Whitney Reservoir
Here's Brock by the Lake.

Fishing

Fishing
Here I am fishing. We caught one fish during our 3 days there. :S

Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch