The Elegantes

The Elegantes

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Festivities

Wow April has been a busy month.  May is going to be almost equally busy and I don't mind.  I thrive on being busy because most of it involves spending time with family and playing.  It's nice to have a weekend when we don't have to do anything but now that Spring is here that is no longer the case.  There is always work to do outside now, plus Brock is working on finishing our basement so life is just busy.  This blog post is going to be one big picture purge so here goes.

With the warm weather we have been able to do a lot of things outside.  The Friday before conference weekend, we went to baby animal days with a friend from our ward.  She has a little boy that is a few months younger than Adalee and they are so stinkin cute when they play together.  Adalee liked baby animal days for the most part but the highlight of her trip was the train ride and the amazingly delicious fudge drizzled donuts that we had at the end.  They were definitely the highlight of my trip and the best donuts I have ever had.  I didn't think donuts could melt in your mouth but these ones did.  Too bad I didn't get a picture.  Oh well.  Here are the pictures I did get.










Brock has taken advantage of the warm weather and taken Adalee fishing a couple of times.  I went with them once but he has taken her a couple more times as daddy daughter dates so I could have some alone time.  Adalee loves to fish but has learned that you can't fish without treats.  The first time we went we took gummy worms so the next time when Brock forgot to get a treat, he was in trouble.  He made sure that he got treats for the next time.  







We also got a new addition to our home this spring.  Ever since I got rid of Adalee's cat Max, I have felt incredibly guilty.  She seemed like she was getting over it but then every time she would see a cat she would say something about her kitty Max.  The guilt was just too much and Brock and I decided that we would try again.  So meet Arya!  


She is even more friendly than our other cat and is actually really good about not getting on the table and counters.  I sprayed her once when she tried and I haven't seen her try again.  She loves to be around us and loves to sit on our laps.  She tolerates Adalee very well.  The other day I caught Adalee carrying her around by the tail and she didn't scratch her or hiss or anything.  She really is a good cat and I have to admit, I fell in love with her too when I saw her.  She is a beautiful cat.  When we got her Brock told me that I couldn't just get rid of her on a whim when I was in a bad mood so she is here to stay. :P  Adalee absolutely loves her and it gives Adalee another thing to play with.  One day we went grocery shopping and Adalee fell asleep on the way home so I just put her on the couch while we got dinner ready.  Well after a few minutes I found the cat like this.  I guess she likes Adalee too. :)


One day a few weeks back, Brock's Mom came up and a few of the sister in laws went to Willow Park and Zoo and had a picnic.  Adalee actually appreciated the small zoo this year unlike last year.  She loves any time she gets to spend with any of her cousins so she had a blast.







After the zoo, no one objected when Grandma suggested ice cream at Twizzleberry.  :)


Well I don't want to make this post too long so I think I will post about our Vernal dinosaur trip a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Day

Wedding Day
This is my favorite wedding picture!

4-wheeling

4-wheeling
Brock and I went four wheeling up by the I mountain in Brigham City. I got burned. :P

Camping

Camping
This is us up camping at Whitney Reservoir in the Uintas. It rained a ton but it was gorgeous up there.

Whitney Reservoir

Whitney Reservoir
Here's Brock by the Lake.

Fishing

Fishing
Here I am fishing. We caught one fish during our 3 days there. :S

Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch