Adalee wakes up between 6 and 8. It's usually 7 or 7:30 if she slept the whole night through. These past couple weeks have been rough for one reason or another. She has been waking up only once a night usually, but she ends up being up for at least an hour, and sometimes as long as 3 hours. Brock and I take turns getting up with her. Either he or I will get up with her and then be up with her for an hour or so and have to switch off if we couldn't get her to sleep. Luckily the past 2 nights have been good and she has slept through the night and I hope she keeps it up. After Adalee wakes up I get her some breakfast. Once she is done eating, I eat and usually end up sharing with her. Sometimes this girl can eat everything in the house and then some days, she hardly eats anything. She is so busy. It's so hard to get her to sit still for mealtime so she mostly snacks throughout the day. After breakfast we clean up and she helps me unload and load the dishwasher. Then she usually wants to read books so we will sit and read until she needs to run around again, which is usually only 5 - 10 minutes. Then we build with blocks or play whatever she wants to play. I usually spend the morning playing with her and then do some chores intermixed in the play time. Usually its just laundry and other little things that she can help with.
Around 10:30 I start getting her ready for nap which includes diaper change, book and sippy with milk. She is usually asleep around 11 and will sleep between an hour to two hours. During that time I read my scriptures, exercise and check up on email facebook, etc. Sometimes I read if she takes a nice long nap and I have time. After her nap we eat lunch and then I let her watch some good old Sid the Science Kid or whatever is on KUED. It's always educational shows at that time. Then while she is watching a show I shower and get ready for the day. So yes, I don't usually shower until 1 in the afternoon. Don't judge. :P After I am ready we finish up some chores around the house and play until Brock gets home around 2:45. That, or we run errands or go to the library. She loves the library and I have to say, I love the Hyrum library. There is a neat little area for kids where they have rockers and these bookshelves turned on their backs which are full of board books. Plus there are a few toys and stuffed animals. It's the perfect cozy little place to go and read books and even let her run around. Love it. When Brock gets home, he usually has to work on homework (he is working on his online Masters Degree) for awhile so she will sit on his lap for awhile while he does stuff on the computer and then when she starts to try to play on the computer, Brock lets me take her from there. We usually read books that we got from the library or play with her toys. Around 4 I figure out what we are going to eat for dinner and I start getting it ready. When Brock gets sick of homework he comes and helps me finish up dinner and then we eat around 5 or 5:30. After dinner we have family time. We go for walks, when it's warm or we go shopping or just play here at home. It's finally warm enough so that we can let Adalee play in the backyard. Hallelujah!
Anyways, around 6:30 we start getting Adalee ready for bed. Bath (usually only on Wednesdays and Saturdays), then we get her in her pajamas, we have her help clean up her room and the living room (the main places that she messes up), and then she drinks a sippy of milk. I need to get her out of the habit of this before potty training so we are slowly trying to wean her off. After sippy, we brush her teeth, which she loves to do. Probably because her toothpaste is flavored and she likes to chew on her toothbrush, but I am ok with it. I am glad she is getting in the habit now. It's so funny when we say, "ok time to brush your teeth" and her face lights up and she runs into the bathroom. After teeth we read scriptures from her little board book Book of Mormon and then we pray. After we pray Brock reads her another bedtime story and then he gets her to sleep usually between 7 and 7:30. After he gets her to sleep, he does homework while I have me time. That's what I like to call it anyways. I either read, or watch a show I like. Usually I watch Biggest Loser or The Voice. I don't watch much tv. Sometimes I do some extra exercise while I watch because I get antsy just sitting and watching tv. Sometimes if I am feeling extra creative I work on a small craft project but that happens so rarely, that I can't say that's a part of my daily life. I will get better with that eventually. If Brock doesn't have a lot of homework then sometimes we play games or just relax and watch tv together. Then we go to bed around 9 or 9:30 because Brock has to wake up at 4:30 for work. I usually stay up a little later in bed and read a conference talk on the tablet and then I play this word game with some of my family members. It's like scrabble. Yep, I'm pretty lame but honestly I love it. I love my life and I wouldn't trade my family or the way we live our life for the world. Now that it's Spring though, I do have my bucket list of things I want to do and things we are planning on doing. The plans for this summer include hiking, fishing, camping, Yellowstone, hunting(at the end of Summer), Hogle Zoo, snow cones, ice cream, etc etc. So excited for warm weather.
Well when I first sat down to type this post, I thought I might talk about some of the serious issues going on in our world but this seemed easier so maybe in my next posts I will get to some of the topics that have been on my mind lately. But for now here are some pics of my cute baby and other random stuff.
Cute girl in her cute Sunday dress. The head band only lasted about 30 seconds on her head.
We have been trying to eat healthier around here. I have been trying to put veggies in meatloaf, homemade mac and cheese, and tacos. It's been going well and it's amazing what you can do with veggies.
Adalee loves to climb into things and sit in them.
Lazy Saturday watching a movie while Mom and Dad make breakfast.
She wanted to try on her wings. Love that cheesy grin.
I keep finding her in little hideouts.
This is what happens when she doesn't get a nap. Asleep in her peas at dinnertime.
how fun. it's so important for mom's to document even the little things. because it is seriously fun to look back...often times our memories are much different then what was actually happening. or is that just me?! and addalee will love to read it to! :) I love your pictures. she is getting so big! time goes by fast. and your dinner looks delicious. you need to try THRIVE foods. it makes adding fresh veggies to everything super easy, yummy, and cheap!!
ReplyDelete