The Elegantes

The Elegantes

Monday, July 22, 2013

Peace

On Tuesday when we had the doctors appointment and found out that I would miscarry Brock asked me if I wanted him to stay home from work the next day.  I told him that I would be fine because I hadn't started bleeding yet and I felt ok.  Well on Wednesday morning I just felt alone.  Adalee was awake and I still just felt emotionally spent.  I had to go through and delete the pregnancy app on my phone and I was getting emails about pregnancy that I had to unsubscribe for and that alone made me feel like I didn't want to spend the day alone.  So I texted Brock and told him that I didn't want to be alone and that he should come home if he could.  He told his boss the circumstances and he readily agreed to let him come home.  We decided we didn't want to spend the day at home so we packed up lunch and got ready to head up to Tony's Grove.  Right as we were getting ready to leave, Brock's Mom dropped by to bring a consolation gift and to see how I was doing.  It really was sweet of her.  She said she figured Brock had probably gone to work and that I was alone so she wanted to come be with me.  We ended up going to lunch at Old Grist Mill and then we drove up to Tony's Grove after she left.  It ended up working out well because Adalee was able to nap on the way up.  It is so pretty up there.  It was so calm and it was good weather but not too hot.  It was so needed.  Even Brock was saying that he didn't want to be at work that day anyways, so it was a perfect way for us to unwind and be together as a family.  Here are some pictures.

We ended up wading into the lake and it was so nice.  Adalee ended up getting soaked because she would go a little further and then sit down.  If I had known the water would be that warm I would have brought our swimsuits.




I just love this little munchkin.  She brings so much light into our lives. :)


She got all muddy as you can see.




It was such a nice day to just relax and not have to do housework or yard work or anything at all.  It gave us a good chance to talk about how we have been feeling about this miscarriage and our hope for the future.  It really has brought us closer together and I am so grateful for that.  

I finally started spotting today, which normally is never a good sign when you are pregnant, but since I already know that the baby stopped growing, I was very relieved.  I didn't want to have to get the medicine and I definitely did not want a D&C.  I don't want to forget what happened (obviously that's why I blogged about it) but I do kind of want to put it behind me and move on, so like I said, I'm glad things are finally happening.  I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and I am grateful for the peace he has blessed me with in knowing that things are going to be ok and that we still have a very bright future ahead of us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wedding Day

Wedding Day
This is my favorite wedding picture!

4-wheeling

4-wheeling
Brock and I went four wheeling up by the I mountain in Brigham City. I got burned. :P

Camping

Camping
This is us up camping at Whitney Reservoir in the Uintas. It rained a ton but it was gorgeous up there.

Whitney Reservoir

Whitney Reservoir
Here's Brock by the Lake.

Fishing

Fishing
Here I am fishing. We caught one fish during our 3 days there. :S

Hardware Ranch

Hardware Ranch