So tonight I heard this song Gone Too Soon by Chris Daughtry and well let's just say that I shed a few tears. Not just for myself but for those I know who have lost babies, whether at 10 weeks, 20 weeks or full term. I thought I had almost forgotten about my miscarriage but I guess there are those moments where it just comes back to you full force like you just found out. I almost felt a little guilty being sad because I was only 10 weeks along and I know people who have lost their babies much further along whose grief I know nothing about. But I realized that there is nothing wrong with feeling emotions toward something that caused pain in my life and I also realized that feeling emotions is still part of the healing process.
I know that I have many more trials to go through in life, but dealing with this last one made me realize how much love and support I have around me and it also made me realize that I am definitely not alone. Like I said, I know so many people who have lost babies, some of them multiple babies, and my heart hurts for them too. But I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and He has a plan for us. We don't always see it because we have tunnel vision and sometimes it feels like this life is all there is, but there is so much more. I also looked on the news and realized what a truly terrible world this is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a doomsdayer who thinks everything is wrong in this world. There is a lot of good and a lot of reasons to rejoice and be happy, but there are a lot of hard things as well. When I think of those who got bodies but didn't spend time here, I think maybe they were blessed. Another blessing that comes from trials is we are better able to recognize the blessings we do have. I am so blessed just to have one beautiful daughter who brings me joy every second of my life. I know people who can't have children and my heart aches for them too. Anyways, I don't mean to sound depressing because there can be joy and strength found from our trials and they can lift us up if we so choose. Tonight I was just thinking of all those angel babies watching over their Mommies and hoping that they know they are being watched over from the other side of the veil.
No comments:
Post a Comment