This post is kind of random but I have had a few things on my mind this past week about gratitude for things we take for granted. On Tuesday I went to the dentist and had a lypoma (small lump) on my tongue removed. It may sound weird to find things to be grateful for after having your tongue chopped on but I did. I am grateful for a working tongue. I never realized how much you use your tongue until I couldn't really use it without it causing pain. We use it to chew food, talk, swallow, laugh, etc. In turn, thinking about being grateful for my tongue and that it will heal and I will be able to do all of those things in a short amount of time, I found myself amazed and grateful for our bodies. Our bodies are absolute miracles. Everything that makes up our bodies and how we function is there for a reason and it really is amazing to me. I am grateful to have a fully functioning body that allows me to walk, run, talk, laugh, play with my daughter, sing, and enjoy life! I am also grateful for good health. It's definitely something that I feel like I take for granted and I don't always do what's best for my body to show that I appreciate and care about it. Being grateful for these things only makes me want to work harder to take better care of the body that was given to me. Our bodies are sacred gifts from a loving Heavenly Father, and I need to do better to take care of it. Anyways these are just some of my random thoughts about gratitude. I really am blessed and I need to look for those little things to be grateful for, because there are so many!
Now for some pictures! We took family pictures last weekend and they turned out amazing. Thanks to a wonderful photographer in our ward, we finally have some good family pictures.









No comments:
Post a Comment